Who Are We?
We have a comprehensive understanding of WAM and related software applications to support every facet of existing and Best Practice processes, with services like Functional/Technical Design, Training, Document Management, Help Desk Support, Data Migration, etc.
Our Services Include
- Project Management
- Functional/Technical Support
- Financial Analysis
- Help Desk Support
- Data Conversion Migration
- Interface/ Integration
How would you describe the Customers who find value in your Services?
- Our typical work is with Municipalities and Utilities, mainly throughout North America and beyond as requested.
- Public Utilities and Public Works Departments within cities using work and asset management applications (e.g. Oracle WAM). We also support WAM integration with other applications like Financial Systems (EBS/JDE/IFAS), GIS (ESRI), SCADA, and Billing Systems (CC&B/Cayenta).
Do you have to be on site or can you work remotely?
What phases of Projects do you support?
How does a client typically get started working with Steele Business Consulting?
- We have found that the most successful approach is to start with an assessment of the Customer business system software applications.
- Our methodology is somewhat based on the 6 sigma elements of DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control).
- The assessment process can be construed to satisfy the measurement element.
What background do you have that makes you an expert in this?
- After college, I successfully completed the U.S. Navy Nuclear Power Program and I applied those lessons on board a fast attack nuclear submarine as an electrician.
- I leveraged that knowledge to work at NASA at the 10’x10’ Supersonic Wind Tunnel in Cleveland, OH.
- While at NASA, a collateral duty was to manage the CMMS program (Computerized Maintenance Management System).
- From there I joined a small CMMS company, Synergen, in Northern California that specifically supported municipalities and utilities around North America using the WAM system. I was a Trainer, then Business Analyst working with dozens of companies around North America.
- I then moved to San Jose Water and worked as a Project Manager implementing JD Edwards and UPK (User Productivity Kit).
- After that I moved to Oracle in the Utility Global Business Unit as a Consulting Technical Manager running the managed services group.
- Since 2012 I’ve supported that same Customer base, as an Independent Solution Provider and Oracle Partner.
Why would a company want to work with you over another consulting company?
- I believe that I have a unique set of skills that sets me apart from other consulting companies.
- These skills include a mix of tactical and strategic knowledge.
- We streamline the business connection from all perspectives: Management, Finance, Operations, Engineering, Maintenance, and Supply Chain.
- Walter and Laura Steele have been running Steele Business Consulting since its inception in 2012.
- Their unique skill sets allow them to handle all aspects of the business, with Walter providing Customer deliverables and Laura providing administrative support, and together developing new opportunities.
- They enjoy working together and find great satisfaction when clients have their needs met on a recurring basis.
GET IN TOUCH
We are excited to partner with your organization. Please complete the form and we will be in contact soon!