Who Are We?
We have a comprehensive understanding of WAM and related software applications to support every facet of existing and Best Practice processes, with services like Functional/Technical Design, Training, Document Management, Help Desk Support, Data Migration, etc.
Our Services Include
- Project Management
- Functional/Technical Support
- Financial Analysis
- Help Desk Support
- Data Conversion Migration
- Interface/ Integration
How would you describe the Customers who find value in your Services?
- Our typical work is with Municipalities and Utilities, mainly throughout North America and beyond as requested.
- Public Utilities and Public Works Departments within cities using work and asset management applications (e.g. Oracle WAM). We also support WAM integration with other applications like Financial Systems (EBS/JDE/IFAS), GIS (ESRI), SCADA, and Billing Systems (CC&B/Cayenta).
Do you have to be on site or can you work remotely?
We support on premise and remotely consulting services (via VPN).
What phases of Projects do you support?
We support all phases, including strategic planning, requirements gathering, implementation services, interface designs, optimization and training.
How does a client typically get started working with Steele Business Consulting?
- We have found that the most successful approach is to start with an assessment of the Customer business system software applications.
- Our methodology is somewhat based on the 6 sigma elements of DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control).
- The assessment process can be construed to satisfy the measurement element.
What background do you have that makes you an expert in this?
- After college, I successfully completed the U.S. Navy Nuclear Power Program and I applied those lessons on board a fast attack nuclear submarine as an electrician.
- I leveraged that knowledge to work at NASA at the 10’x10’ Supersonic Wind Tunnel in Cleveland, OH.
- While at NASA, a collateral duty was to manage the CMMS program (Computerized Maintenance Management System).
- From there I joined a small CMMS company, Synergen, in Northern California that specifically supported municipalities and utilities around North America using the WAM system. I was a Trainer, then Business Analyst working with dozens of companies around North America.
- I then moved to San Jose Water and worked as a Project Manager implementing JD Edwards and UPK (User Productivity Kit).
- After that I moved to Oracle in the Utility Global Business Unit as a Consulting Technical Manager running the managed services group.
- Since 2012 I’ve supported that same Customer base, as an Independent Solution Provider and Oracle Partner.
Why would a company want to work with you over another consulting company?
- I believe that I have a unique set of skills that sets me apart from other consulting companies.
- These skills include a mix of tactical and strategic knowledge.
- We streamline the business connection from all perspectives: Management, Finance, Operations, Engineering, Maintenance, and Supply Chain.
Walter & Laura Steele
- Walter and Laura Steele have been running Steele Business Consulting since its inception in 2012.
- Their unique skill sets allow them to handle all aspects of the business, with Walter providing Customer deliverables and Laura providing administrative support, and together developing new opportunities.
- They enjoy working together and find great satisfaction when clients have their needs met on a recurring basis.
GET IN TOUCH
We are excited to partner with your organization. Please complete the form and we will be in contact soon!